Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Boris

The largest, most popular and cutest hippo-soft-toy I own. I forgot (what's new?) when exactly I bought it, but I remember seeing it, together with smaller versions, in the window of a large department store: De Bijenkorf in The Netherlands, at least 15 years ago.... and just had to have it! I do not know, why I called him Boris, I just liked the name. He was wearing blue pants when I bought him, but I did not like those..... some hippos just look better without pants! We took Boris to birthday parties with us, decorated and with party hat! He is the only hippo which has been invited to stay for a few weeks sleep over at friend's homes and most importantly, he was the guest of honor at our wedding (bow-tie and all). Lately, he is doing a lot of photo modeling work. When I experiment with camera settings.... he is much more patient than the usual victims (children and cats ;-)), and he does not complain. I used to have a lot of soft toys. When we left to live abroad, I asked our friends to pick one, so they would not forget us. The only one I kept was Boris! It was also the moment I decided not to collect soft-toy-hippos anymore, because they take up so much space.... but the last time I checked, I counted at least 10.... hmmm.... I wonder......


7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Boris is so cute. I wonder where you got him! I collect (within limits) stuffed hippos and the largest I have is from China. cute looking but not very well stuffed. Boris looks really stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 看到你的這隻河馬我很開心(那種心情很難用文字說明),因為我小時候就有一隻這樣的河馬玩偶,它陪伴我20多年,你沒看錯,真的是20多年,一直到現在它還在我身邊,只是毛都掉了,樣子也不再蓬鬆可愛,長得很像你照片上這隻,簡直一模一樣,我好希望能夠買到它,如果你不要它是否願意賣給我,拜託!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, unfortunately Boris is not for sale. Did you see his little brother? see post: Leo back in Norway?

      Delete
  3. 我看到了~!!!SO Q~~~!!長得跟我的舊河馬很像呢~!!!我好愛它~!!!以為它絕版了呢!!
    沒想到這世上還有這麼像的絨毛玩具,讓我又驚訝又開心~

    謝謝你 我會常來看你的部落格 呵呵~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Happy you are enjoying it :-)

    ReplyDelete