Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pandora's Hippo

The only thing left in Pandora's box after she opened it, was the Spirit of Hope called Elpis. One would think this has not much to do with hippos, but it does a little bit. Pandora in this post is, of course, the name of a famous jewelry company. Their products come in beautiful boxes, but unlike the one Pandora got, you are encouraged to open them. And when you do, you do not unleash the evils of the world, but you are treated with some of their wonderful creations.... like this bracelet with hippo-charms! As I am a "Human Magpie" (Magpies are birds known to be drawn to shiny objects), I have combined 10 hippo-charms with a lot of pink bling-bling-charms. My favorite piece of hippo-jewelry, for sure! Unfortunately, the company discontinued the production of this particular charm. So it is true. Also in my box of Pandora the Spirit of Hope is left.... hope that the company will change its mind, and make them again. The world needs much more hippo-charms!!!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lien. I love history and I love hippos so the history of hippos is just the best! This is a very interesting article. Gail.

    ReplyDelete