Thursday, November 29, 2012

Maryann

For those of you, not familiar with the concept of "Hippo-Game", I will try to explain it. It is a game, played during the Annual International Hippopotamus Convention. Participants will have to bring a hippo-present, and all are put together. When you "win" during the Hippo-Bingo (not the actual Hippo-Game, just to get things started), you have to shout: "Hippo!" and chose any of the hippo-gifts (not the one you brought, of course), the Hippo-Bingo continues until everybody has a gift. Now, the Hippo-Game can begin! One by one, all the participants have to unwrap their hippo-gift, show it to the group and tell who brought it. Then the second part of the game starts... the exciting part! A name is drawn from a bag, and that person can decide to keep his or her present, or change ("steal") it for any other gift in the room. As you can imagine.... emotions flew high, as some gifts were very popular, and changed owner many times. When I opened my present, I loved it right away, as I had been looking for a "bling-bling-hippo" for a long time. I have seen bling-bling-ant-eaters, bling-bling-armadillos, bling-bling-cockroaches but no hippos.... so I was very, very happy! Then it got "stolen", but luckily my name came up later, so I could "steal" it back (still feel sorry Richard, but you started it! ;-)). Dear Maryann, thank you for bringing this wonderful gift. I think your name suits her perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment