Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Hippo Bowls

Living in different countries is a very special experience. A wonderful chance to see many places, get to know different cultures and meet new people. Of course it can be difficult sometimes, missing family and friends back home, frustrations because of miscommunications and friends who move away, or are left behind. A few years ago, we met a couple in Jakarta, Indonesia. After living there for a very long time, they were going back to The Netherlands. One day, this lady comes up to me and says "I heard you are collecting hippos, I have two hippo bowls I do not want to take with me, would you like to have them?" Of course I did not say "No" to that! So, like the other "privately-owned-hippos" (see posts: Antonia and Elmo and Diana and Raymond) these bowls are very special to me. Dear Dieke, thank you again for these wonderful "surprise-hippo-bowls" and a very fond memory. As I do not have any contact with you or your family anymore, I hope all is well, and maybe someday, you will stumble on my blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment