Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Exchange-(Hip)Pos

Special Interest Groups can be seen as different universes, light-centuries away from anything else. Ever felt intimidated by those "experts"? They usually exchange in-depth knowledge and the latest trends at lightning speed, while leaving mere "simple folks" lost and far behind in clouds of jargon and inside jokes. A very different story from the International Hippopotamus Association. Not intimidating at all, and its "experts" ;-) are specialized in making Newbies feel warmly welcomed and at home. I have to admit, it took me some time to understand the "NHC" mentioned in messages to the group. Also "Jen-Pos" seemed to be worth fighting for? (now I understand... and I am a proud owner of one (without having to fight though ;-)). But "Exchange-Pos" remained a mystery for quite some time... Until that enlightening message came: who wants to participate in the "Hippo-X-mas-Gifts-Exchange"? Aha! And of course I would. Dear Brenda, thank you for being my Secret Santa, giving me my first and very cute looking "Exchange-Pos" (only one photographed). Can't wait to participate again next year. To you and the rest of the bloat: Merry Christmas and a Hippo New Year!


1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I'm a newbie and they just accepted me without hesitation. I too joined the secret hippo, er the secret santa.

    ReplyDelete