Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hippo Egg Holder

In a shop very close to my house, they sell all sorts of egg holders. Very cute looking ceramic chickens and ducks. I can see the connection with eggs..., they also sell pigs, cows and sheep (ceramic too, but looking less cute, to my taste...). I thought about those a bit longer, and decided the connection with eggs must be a "farm-theme-thing". Of course they also have elephants. The elephant is the national animal and symbol of Thailand and it would be strange if they hadn't had those. So, for tourists wanting a Thai souvenir for their breakfast table at home, an elephant egg holder seems (sort of) logical. A long introduction, leading to the presentation of my one and only Hippo Egg Holder. I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea how I got it. I am sure I did not find it in a shop, as I would have bought more... what to do with only one egg holder? My guess is that I found it at a flea market... maybe abandoned by somebody, once collecting egg holders? Still thinking about the connection with eggs... suggestions, anybody?? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment