Thursday, April 5, 2012

Hollywood Hippos

Of course I mean: Gloria and Moto Moto, but I thought, if I call my post like that.... not so much of a surprise anymore..:-). I think if I hadn't collected hippos, I would have started, after seeing Gloria in Madagascar. She is soooo cute! Madagascar 2 was even better (if you compare the number of hippos!). Although I think Moto Moto is hilarious, with his chest hair and uni-brow... Gloria is my absolute favorite. One part of the movie I like very much is the little speech the giraffe Melman is giving, while Moto Moto is trying to seduce Gloria:

"I'd give her flowers every day. And not just any flowers. OK?
Her favorites are orchids. White. And breakfast in bed.
Six loaves of wheat toast, butter on both sides.
No crust, the way she likes it.
I'd be her shoulder to cry on and her best friend.
I'd spend every day thinking of how to make her laugh.
She has the most amazing laugh."

I absolutely agree with him. She has the most amazing laugh..... every time I hear it.... I just have to laugh too! These toys came with the Happy Meals of McDonalds, some time ago. Dear Jules and Kris, thanx so much for thinking about me and giving up your Happy Meal toys, that is just awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Lien, I have, since I was a child, a love of animals. But what got me started was seeing Madagascar 1. Gloria was cute!. One day, I was at a discount store and they were selling large Gloria stuffed hippos. The eyes were so large, and she just looked so cute. I got 4 of them and that was the start of my love for hippos!

    ReplyDelete