Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hippo with Hippo-Hat

I found this cute looking Hippo-Girl-Plushy and the hat in different shops at Sampeng Lane, a very famous street in the heart of Chinatown in Bangkok. It is one of the largest Chinatowns of the world. Here, you can get everything you can (and can't) imagine. The majority of the shops are wholesale shops. You can buy one or two items but it is much more expensive. As I was admiring the hat and wondering whether or not I should buy it, the lady of the shop sneaked up behind me... "You like? Have many! You buy how many dozen?" I told her I did not know yet. She turned around and while walking away she said "Good quality! Very cheap cheap! You buy many many dozen, I give you good price!" I thought the hat was cute (and very soft), but I was definitely not planning to buy many dozens of them. I told her I would only buy one. She gave me the "You-Are-Not-A-Nice-Customer-Look", but as a very seasoned Chinatown-Shopper, that did not bother me ;-). At home, we all had fun with it, but as we are living in the tropics... after a few minutes any hat will melt and boil your brain. Ms. Plushy believes it only looks good on her anyway.... and refuses to take it off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment