Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sjoerd and James

In the area where we live you can find a lot of "Bronze Art Shops". Are you looking for a huge fountain with mermaids and a dangerously looking Triton, a larger than life sized Adonis or a massive Mountain Gorilla? No problem, this is the place to come to. One day, I saw in the window of one of those shops a tiny hippo. I immediately went inside. The shop owner smiled at me, and said: "Oh, you like hippo! I have more!" More? And before I knew it, she had managed to bring 2 large hippos out from under some tables. A green one, and a bronze colored one. She told me she had a huge one once... but "Mama" already sold, long time ago! Now only have 2 babies!" Since any green baby looks suspicious to me... I bought the bronze colored one, and named it Sjoerd ("oe" pronounce like "oo") because that name sounds cool in Dutch. Sjoerd is one of the larger hippos I own. As you can see, he is about the same size as a (fat) cat. The name of the cat is James (nicknames: Mr. James, Fat Cat and Carpet Cat). He likes to sit next to Sjoerd (who wouldn't sit next to a hippo?), but often runs away as soon as he sees me and the camera.... I have a million blurry shots, a few clear ones; the only thing is that James looks like he is being tortured. Not suitable for a "view to all" Blog. But a few days ago, I think James was in a good mood... or I was more patient.... finally... please meet the boys!! Don't they make a cute couple?

No comments:

Post a Comment