Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bubbles

Bubbles is a Hippo-Stapler. Not my first one but my second. My first Hippo-Stapler is a green one, made of plastic, looking more like a bath / beach toy than a stapler... and most importantly, it does not look nearly as cute as my second. I will show it someday, as it is a "First"... but decided to share Bubbles first. Staplers are stationary items.... not immediately associated with "cute". I'd never seen a cute stapler... not to mention a cute Hippo-Stapler! The details are really amazing. On top of that, I have a weakness for "sleeping hippos". I am wondering what she is dreaming about, that makes her smile like this :-). Dear Ruth, thank you for this lovely present, my absolute favorite of all those wonderful gifts you gave me. I thought about calling her Ruth, but then remembered your stories about "Bubbles". That name suits her much better and still reminds me of you! I hope I will have the privilege of meeting the real "Bubbles" one day, as I believe she is a Huge-Hippo-Heap of fun... with or without her costume ;-).

1 comment:

  1. AH! I use to have this exact Stapler! Back in 2011-2012 I ended up losing it in a move from Florida back to my home state. It was in storage and ended up being lost. I was a teenager and have been looking everywhere for another xD This is so cool to see it again almost a decade later! :o

    ReplyDelete