Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thank You Note

I once read: "Accepting gifts (whether those are flowers or compliments) graciously, is an art". Thinking about this made me realize, I am not very good at it. When somebody makes a compliments about something I wear, the "Oh, it was on sale the other day" and the "It's already very old... I have had it for a long time" escape my mouth before I know it. Or when somebody gives me a gift, I almost automatically say: "My goodness, you shouldn't t have done that!" While someone who masters the art would say: "Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you!" or: "How did you know those are my favorite flowers?" What has all this to do with hippos? A lot! Last Christmas my family and I were spoiled rotten. We received so many wonderful gifts, beautifully wrapped, with personal notes and one more special than the other. It left us speechless... definitely nothing to do with being gracious.... but I will try to graciously share all those gifts with the rest of the world. As there were so many Hippo-Gifts, I have material enough for many future posts. The first (and my favorite) is this lovely figurine (hippo trinket box), even the box it came in was very pretty! Fortunately, I have the chance of practicing the art of Graciously Accepting here on my Blog :-).

Dear Sheila and John, you have made last Christmas truly unforgettable. On behalf of all of us, thank you so much for your friendship, for your time and effort to find all those wonderful gifts and for sending everything all the way to this side of the world. Heaven must be missing two angels!

No comments:

Post a Comment