Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Poffertje

My first and only Hippo-Pillow is called Poffertje. A "poffertje" is a traditional Dutch batter treat. It looks a bit like a very small fluffy pancake. I have no idea why my daughters named this lilac colored Hippo-Pillow that because it has no resemblance to this Dutch-mini-pancake at all. It was the first thing they screamed when they saw it, or more precisely... before they confiscated it. Then I wondered: is it normal for a grownup to negotiate with children about a Hippo-Pillow? I heard myself say: "NO! it stays on MY bed" and "YES, you can play with it, but keep it clean!" and "NO! you can't take it to school". Never expected that a Hippo-Pillow would be the reason to question my sanity....  Better not to think about that too much :-). As this pillow is ultra soft, it is a very popular hippo item in the house, also with the not-so-much-hippo-lovers.... Don't you just love the enormous smile on her face? Dear Debo, thank you so much for this lovely present. It was wonderful to meet you in Denver last year. Have to think about you every time I see Poffertje.... before I forget: she says "Hi" to you!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Lien! That is a pillow pet! I have one too. I folded him into a toy (never used it as a pillow) and call him Big Boy. I sleep with him always and another plushie (on a rotation basis) every night

    ReplyDelete