Thursday, April 16, 2015

De Rosa

Until a few years ago, I never thought about the possibility of having to become "more selective" when it comes to hippos. They were not easy to find. Finding one, once in a while, and getting a few, thanks to serious efforts of friends and family, my collection was growing very slowly. This was of course, before internet, and before getting to know the International Hippopotamus Society. Now my collection is growing at a somewhat alarming rate... making me run out of space, and making future moves more challenging. As I love ceramics very much, I am thinking about steering my collection more in that direction.  But then I see my glass ones and my hand carved wooden ones, making me change my mind quickly, about finding those a new home. Obviously, I am not yet ready. I know this sweet looking mini hippo (Riconada De Rosa, Montevideo, Uruguay) will be in my collection forever. Ceramic and bling? Not much can top that!  

1 comment: