Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Round and Round

It really is a coincident that my first round numbered painting, is actually a round one! The tenth hippo-painting of my collection, is made by a young artist called Anuchit Klinkulab,  but he is better known by his nickname: "A". He is a very good friend of Mr. Pon's nephew (see post: Hippo Pon) and Mr. Monchai Kosolpradit (see post: The Ninth). A does not own a shop at the Chatuchak Weekend Market (or JJ Market), but he can use one of the side walls of one of the buildings at the art section, to exhibit his work. Some time ago, a friend of his gave him some round frames for free. He already made some portraits. I thought it would be nice to have a round hippo-painting. I told him he could paint whatever he felt like. The result? A very cool looking pop-art-hippo-painting. A is a very kind, young and talented painter, I do hope he will become famous one day!







No comments:

Post a Comment