Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Micro-Potamuses

There are a lot of tiny hippo figurines in my collection. They are a bit difficult to photograph, as I can't get close enough with a "standard" lens. Taking a picture and then crop it, is an option, but most of the time I do not like the results as some details are lost. Luckily, it was my birthday last week and my dear husband gave me a wonderful micro-lens as birthday gift. Micro-lenses are very nice but tricky things! Anything looks huge, like these mother and baby hippo made of glass. Actually, they measure less than a quarter of an inch (smaller than one centimeter). I am having so much fun with my "new toy" ;-). It is amazing what it can do. You will see plenty of shots in the future! Unfortunately, I have no idea how I got these cute little hippos, but I am very happy to have them, as some of my other glass hippos look a bit scary... It looks like they are floating... friendly Hippo-Ghosts?


No comments:

Post a Comment