Thursday, March 14, 2013

Hippo "Moo"

There are many places here in Bangkok, where you can find animal figurines carved out of buffalo horn. Sometimes on sidewalks, sometimes in shops. Of course, I always had to check whether they have a hippo, but never had any luck. It so happens that there is such a shop in the Art-Section, at the Chatuchak (JJ) Weekend Market, not far from where my friends sell their paintings. The owner of the shop said that he never made a hippo in his life but if I had an example, he could copy it. The result is this black beauty! I love it very much. I think also due to the fact that I know, there are no other buffalo-horn-hippos around. It looks heavy, but because of the material it is very light weighted. I just decided that "Moo" would be a suitable name for this newest addition to the bloat!


No comments:

Post a Comment