Thursday, April 10, 2014

Masterpiece from Myanmar

I don't think I would get into trouble if I used the title I had first in mind: Burmese Beauty, but just to be on the safe side. When we were living in Thailand, we were blessed with a wonderful woman called Mari. She was working for us as domestic helper and nanny. When she went to Myanmar on home leave, I asked her whether she could bring a hippo for me. I could not let the opportunity pass, to possibly add a hippo from Myanmar to my collection. To be honest, I had little hope. Some time before my request I had been in Cambodia, and tried to find a hippo there. The people in the shops had absolutely no idea what I was talking about, so I thought Myanmar would not be much different. To my surprise she brought back this amazing art piece. It is made with finely crushed semi precious stones. An uncle of a friend of her made it. I was completely speechless. This custom made masterpiece had to be framed right away. I am a very proud owner of probably the only hippopotamus from Myanmar :-). I do hope Mari, all is well with you. We are still missing you very much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment