Thursday, October 2, 2014

Heavy Metal

Some time ago, a wonderful birthday present made by Mr. Chatchai Suvannachot was featured on my blog (see post: Hippo JJ). At some point, this great artist had some beautiful lotus leaves hanging in his gallery. I asked him whether he would be able to make a huge lotus leaf that I could put (flat) on a table. Of course, hippos always being present in our conversations, we discussed some mini hippos sleeping on top of the leaf, too. It seemed a great idea. A few weeks later, I came to pick up my order. Only to find a wonderful lotus leaf but... no hippos. Mr. Chatchai's wife smiled and handed me another packet. A huge hippo head. "Not nice, mini hippos" she told me firmly. "My husband, he made head for you." And that was the end of the discussion. Not that I ever would have started one. To me this Heavy Metal Hippo Head is Hippo Art at its absolute finest.

Doesn't this head look like it comes right out of a very old Frankenstein-Movie-Scene? Imagine some scary music... and then look at this head... slowly rising out of dark and absolutely deadly waters... 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment