Friday, February 13, 2015

Schleich 2012

Schleich is a German company founded by Friedrich Schleich in 1935. It is producing toy figurines and accessories. For hippo collectors, Schleich hippos are not very difficult to find. I have quite a number of them in my collection. A few days ago, I added another one. A gift from a dear friend, visiting from the Netherlands, who is (bless him) always on the lookout for anything hippo for me (see posts: Marius, Inkognito and The Choir). At first glance, it looked like one I already have, a hippo made in 1996, but after looking closer, I noticed they made quite some changes, and absolutely for the better! First of all, the color changed from grey to a much more realistic brown. Also the shape of the nose (new one is wider) is much better. With nicer and more detailed upper teeth, better shaped legs and nicer eyes, it is clear the designers of the company really paid attention. It took them a few years, but they went from producing an OK hippo, to producing a wonderful hippo. Job well done!  
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment