Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fancy Nancy

She is not my first hippo-soft-toy or the most famous one, but she is one of a few I got as a present. And following the tradition, she is named after the person who gave it to me. Fancy, would give the wrong impression about my dear friend, but I thought it would be perfect for the toy. How else would you describe a hippo-ballerina, wearing a pink, glitter-tutu and a matching bow? I still remember when she told me, almost apologizing: “It looked so cute, so I had to buy it!” I would never be the one to disagree…  The toy also reminds me of the Fantasia film of Walt Disney… ballerina-hippos dancing with crocodiles, my favorite part, of course. Fancy Nancy is sitting next to my computer, the first to see the hippo-posts. Still there, I have to add….. surviving many confiscation-attempts (especially by our youngest daughter, making a necklace, putting it on the hippo and then claiming it is hers….. imagine!). Nance, I miss those nice afternoons, girls jumping in the pool, coffee and snacks, BBQs and a lot of laughs. For now, the fancy-version of you will have to do.

2 comments:

  1. Hi didi, I read about the macho hippos. they need to go to rehab first as they do here in US. Once they are detoxed we can take them to Karebe in the our imaginary river hotel. You wont believe if I tell you that in that area, people had never heard of the name heroin or cocein??? Bhangi is normal they use it even to dogs when they go hunting. They used to smoke it in the past but it was jus like onother something until the government called it irrigal substance that is when it raised its value. I hope they call hippo ilreagal food then we can make money in our river buy fishing one of those and make money on the table irrigally!! ups spelling. How many cany notes the mispellings anyway? Miss you didi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon well soon didi you will get the best news of your life.!!!!! Bingo. Love from NY

    ReplyDelete