Thursday, March 15, 2012

Hippopotamus Grill Restaurant

I wondered whether it would matter at all, what kind of food or what quality of food they serve, if the restaurant is called "Hippopotamus Grill Restaurant" and you are a hippo-lover? Luckily, I never had to worry about that, as the food in this restaurant chain is always good. When I visited Paris, tradition dictated to eat at least once at Hippopotamus. These cool hippo-themed restaurants have not only everything with hippos on it.... they also sell all kind of  hippo-stuff. No need to feel guilty if you feel the urge to smuggle the plates and bowls with hippos on it out of the restaurant in your handbag! They have small inhouse shops... for fans like me! For many years, I have not been in Paris. Only the few bowls I have reminded me of the restaurant.... until I read in the newspaper they opened a restaurant here in Thailand! I was so excited. The following weekend we all went to this newly opened shopping mall..... to find the restaurant to be... NOT open, yet! What??????? I was soooo disappointed. When we stood there, 2 people came out of the restaurant. I inmediately ambushed them. How come the restaurant is not open yet? When will it open?.... I demanded an explanation!! The marketing manager, and the manager of the restaurants in France, from Paris, were kind enough to tell me they experienced some construction problems. They would open in a few days. A few weeks later we came again, but the restaurant was still not open. And nobody to ambush either....... I began to think it would never open.... but three's a charm, and the third time we were lucky, and we could enjoy a very nice lunch. They plan to sell hippo-stuff as well, but things have not arrived yet... will have to wait. I will keep you all updated. If all goes well, they will open more Hippo-restaurants soon. Dear Jo, the list: "reasons-why-I-am-jealous-of-you-living-in-Paris", is very long, but now I can at least scratch 1 item ;-).


    


1 comment:

  1. I hope the goods on the hippo cheese platter are as varied and as creamy as those I find in my Parisian corner dairy. ;-)

    ReplyDelete