Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hippos say "Oink"?

Half-Hippos do! I am always looking for hippos in shops and at markets. Sometimes it happens, I think I see a hippo, but after closer examination it turns out to be a cow, dragon or dog. And then you have those.... I can't be sure about. My rule is: if I am not sure, I do not buy it. Whatever it is, it must obviously be a hippo. But then there are those... let's just say, I gave the benefit of the doubt ;-). I saw this paperweight in a shop, close to our house, last year. I came to the conclusion that the artist probably never ever saw a hippo in his life, as it has the behind and tail of a pig, feet of a lion and stands like a barking dog. The head is the only part that is sort of OK. So, what to do? To buy or not to buy? I had to think about it for a while, as I walked around in the shop. Then I saw it "again" and had to laugh. And that is why I bought it, because it is such a comical looking Half-Hippo! It stands on our table at our balcony making sure our newspaper does not fly away.... while trying to say "Woof"... but after curling up his tail, sounding like "Oink"!

No comments:

Post a Comment