Thursday, September 11, 2014

Counting Hippos

I am very proud to be able to feature another painting made by Anuchit Klinkulab, or "A". He already made my first and only round hippo painting (see post: Round and Round). One of his "signature" painting styles, is painting the outlines of portraits (mainly musicians) with white paint, on a white canvas. I already mentioned a few times, that it would be nice to have something similar, with (what else?) hippos. After some time of not selling much, I decided to help him out a bit by ordering my "hippos in white". I spoke with him about the option of having one of them, done in red. I thought it would look nice to have one stand out. I also told him it would be entirely up to him, as he is the artist. To be honest, I was very surprised when I saw the painting when it was finished. It was not what I had in mind at all! But it would not take long, before I would fall in love with this cute looking fellow, in the company of many friends, you can only see when you take a closer look. I believe every piece of art should be like that, making you want to take another look, and discover something new, each time!

1 comment: