Thursday, September 18, 2014

Portrait of a Hippo

This portrait is great at reminding me, why it is important to keep a record of all my hippos. At the moment, I still have pictures of the part of my collection, that is packed in boxes and stored in our basement. At the same time, my "while-living-in-the-USA" collection, is growing at an alarming rate. It is already becoming hard to keep up with my new ones... while not even half of my "old" ones are featured here on my blog. What is worse... when I came upon this picture, I could not even remember owning it... After a while, some memories came back. I bought it during one of my trips to Chatuchak (JJ) Weekend market in Bangkok, Thailand. Of course it stood out to me, because it was a hippo, but also because it was the only hippo... surrounded by colorful swans, gnomes and panda bears. I could not, and still can't decide what the expression means on his face. I think he is not even sure himself...

2 comments: