Thursday, January 22, 2015

Hurtling Hippos

Did you ever buy a birthday card for yourself? I did. A long time ago, I saw this card and simply had to have it. And yes... to keep it, not to sent it. Google does not come up with a lot, when searching for the artist: Dennis Grass Designs in combination with the printing company: Paperclip Holland. Not very surprising as this card was printed in 1994... only three years into my hippo collecting adventure... now 21 years ago! The card itself is huge (29 cm x 21 cm, or 11,4 inch x 8,3 inch). The front reads: Een denderende verjaardag, which translates into: A hurtling birthday. Then you open the card, and many more hippos can be seen on both sides. The right side reads: van harte gefeliciteerd, which means: happy birthday. I can't help but feeling a little bit like it is my birthday, when looking at this card. I wish I had bought more cards... and that the artist would still make these: best birthday cards ever!

 
Front
 
Dennis Grass Design - Paperclip Holland 1994
 
 
Inside left and Inside right


 Back

No comments:

Post a Comment