Thursday, January 29, 2015

Snake Show Hippo

How would you explain a child of a hippo-loving mom, loving snakes? The good thing is that nobody can accuse me of brainwashing my child. Needless to say, I am not into snakes at all.... A few months ago, a reptile show was being held close to where we live. If it wasn't for my daughter, I would never even have considered going to visit an exhibition like that. We found ourselves in a huge sports hall filled with hundreds of vendors. We saw a lot of lizards, geckos, chameleons and frogs, but they were far outnumbered by snakes. I had never seen so many snakes in my life! Truth be told, some snakes looked very pretty. Not "let's-take-one-home" pretty, though. Of course I speak for myself. My daughter wanted to buy all of them. Besides frozen rats and mice, live crickets and cozy tanks, there were a few other animal related items for sale. Mainly jewelry. So while the rest of the family was admiring the endless rows of snake filled boxes,  I looked around to see if they did sell something else other than sparkling lizard necklaces or snake shaped ear rings. And there... in the middle of it all... a glass hippo. Smiling and calling my name. Apparently, there must be an obvious connection between snakes and or reptiles.... and hippos?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You're lucky. Somehow the great hippo god Tarawek is making you meet hippos in unusual places. That hippo is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete