Thursday, March 10, 2016

James

Actually, the real name for the newest addition to my collection should have been: I-am-very-very-sorry-I-missed-your-birthday-hippo. My husband had to travel for work to Zimbabwe. Needless to say, he had to bring back a hippo (or two). He would be away in the week before my birthday, but arrive the morning of my birthday, in time to join for a birthday lunch or dinner. The office in Zimbabwe had planned a meeting around 4pm on departure day. My husband said that he could not make it because he thought he had to fly at 5pm.

Not to worry, the staff assured him. They checked and his flight was leaving at 9:30pm, more than enough time and he didn't bother to double check himself... So the work continued.... and while in the taxi at 7pm, on the way to the airport in Harare, my husband took a closer look at his ticket... only to find out that his flight was indeed leaving at 9:30pm..... his connecting flight at Johannesburg. He should have been on the 5pm flight out of Zimbabwe to be able to catch that flight in South Africa. So he had to turn around, and rebook his tickets and stay another day. Leaving him with enough time to buy an "I-am-very-sorry-hippo". While looking at this hippo, I thought he looks a bit like our cat... grey, little bit overweight and very cute... so, therefore he is named after him.


No comments:

Post a Comment