Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hippo Tree

A few years ago, I had to find a safe place for my growing collection of Hippo-Christmas-Ornaments. Cat-safe, that is. Luckily, our two cats are not that interested in the "re-decorating" of our Christmas trees. However, one of them has done the "Can-you-reach-the-top-in-one-jump-challenge" once. The large and lazy one is banging on the low-hanging decorations, once in a while. The higher ones take too much energy to reach, and the lower ones are being pounced... not because it is that much fun, but sometimes they are just hanging is his way. 

So just as a temporary solution, I put a few on our "Art Tree" made of metal. It was an anniversary gift from me to my husband a few years ago. Seeing it, it actually looked pretty good. When my husband saw it, he started to complain, about "his tree, being full of clutter". But then agreed... Christmas ONLY :-). So since then, once a year our metal art tree becomes the "Hippo-Xmas-Tree". By the looks of it...it is starting to run out of space....


No comments:

Post a Comment