Thursday, February 9, 2017

Hippo Spoon

It is always hard to leave friends behind, every time we move. And it is equally hard when friends move, and we are the ones left behind. But luckily this cloud has a silver lining, in the form of being able to visit friends all over the world. So when my husband had to go to Zimbabwe for work, he made some time to visit our friends, who moved there a few years ago. It is always nice to catch up and be able to experience a country as a local. As local as you can become as an expat that is. And in exchange for some goodies from the US, he brought back a lovely hippo-gift. Another first. My fist hippo spoon. I have not used it yet. Maybe I should. Dear Inge, thank you so much for arranging this lovely gift. Zimbabwe is still on my bucket list, hopefully, when we have the chance to tick that off our list, you will still be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment