Friday, November 10, 2017

Borbaatar

To all the followers of my blog, I do apologize for not being active for some months. The good news is that our family has settled comfortably in our new home country: Mongolia. The bad news is that there are no hippos to be found here, and many people have no idea what a hippo is. Yes, I was shocked too... they do exist!

Luckily, my Mongolian friends are fast learners, they themselves, their families and friends, are catching up fast. So word is spreading, and artists are being mobilized to fill the existing hippo void. In other words: the "Hippofication" of Mongolia has begun. 

I am very proud to present another "First" of my collection. The first hippo painting of Mongolia and my first painting on leather.

The artist (short name Ari), is selling his work to tourists at the steps of the Zaisan Memorial, in Ulaanbaatar (capital of Mongolia). Ulaan means: red, and Bataar means: hero. So the name of the capital translates as: Red Hero. I could have called this painting: Ari, after the painter, but looking at the face of the hippo I decided that brown (Bor) hero (Baatar) suits it better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment