Thursday, March 1, 2018

Stephanie

It was in October, 2017. Suddenly, a post appeared on the Face Book page of Hippolotofus (International Hippopotamus Society). One of the American members found a beautiful ceramic hippo, while being on a business trip in Amsterdam. She found the  hippo in a souvenir shop, selling Delft's Blue (famous Dutch porcelain). I could not believe my eyes. Being Dutch, and having visited Amsterdam so many times.. but never ever having seen this Delft's Blue hippo, how could that be? Then I wrote to this fellow hippo collector, and things got even worse... because it turned out, I knew the shop too! So, within minutes I went online, wrote to the shop (in Dutch). Yes, they still had a few (M. de Wit collection), and yes... they did ship worldwide, so Mongolia was no problem. A few weeks later it arrived, thoroughly packed, and in mint condition. I could not be happier.

Dear Stephanie, thank you so much for sharing your find. Being Dutch and collecting hippos... my collection would have been less complete without this one. Since you found it, I decided to name her after you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment