Thursday, March 1, 2018

Byambajav

When it comes to artistic talents, I always feel those are very unfairly distributed. It seems that very often, people have multiple talents, or no talents at all. A few month ago, I met one of the multi talented kind. Her name is Byambajav Tsend-Ochir. She is teaching calligraphy at the Mongolian Fine Art Institute in Ulaanbaatar (or Ulan Bator) Mongolia, and she is a very talented ceramic artist too. Of course, almost every conversation I have with any artist, will quickly turn into a hippo-oriented conversation. She had never made a hippo before, but was happy to try. So I am pretty confident in claiming, I have the first Mongolian ceramic hippopotamus. Since we will be living here for a while, I am sure it will definitively not be the last. If you look very closely, you will see that the hippo is decorated with traditional Mongolian script. It gives this hippo that extra special something, making it such an unique piece, in every way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment