Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Beauties from Burundi

Another first. My collection holds many colored soapstone hippos, but non from Burundi. Brought all the way to Mongolia by my husband's colleague, who upon seeing our house, immediately committed to get me some hippos from her home country. Their bright colors and big smiles made me fall in love with them right away. Good things always come in threes, the saying goes. I think this is very true. Especially if it comes to hippos. 


Dearest Speciose, thank you so much for finding these treasures for me. They instantly made my collection more colorful and special. I can't wait to visit your country one day, returning with loads of bright African cottons and yes.... more Burundian Beauties!






1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of soapstone hippos. These are adorable.

    ReplyDelete