Monday, September 2, 2019

Lina and Devina


Another proof that the "Hippo Virus" is contagious and still spreading. From infected friends, to their children, family members and friends. I know of some friends who are really getting tired of always "having to" look for hippos, or involuntarily think about me when seeing them. It makes my heart smile, to have introduced hippos in their lives. I still believe that blowing bubbles under water, wallowing in the mud and wiggling your ears when surfacing, are still the best responses to most life scenarios. 

These gifts were given by a longtime friend (Lina) and her daughter (Devina). Lina ordered 2 of these phone cable holders (cable bites) and Devina gave me my first batik hippo. 

Somehow, FB (Face Book) makes you forget distances and time. It is a great way to stay in touch, and get the sense of being up to date, but nothing beats meeting face to face,  drinking (gallons of) coffee and simply feeling thankful for the moment. Dear Lina, thank you for always making me laugh, for your spirit and for your friendship. Dear Devina, it is wonderful to getting to know you, and I can't wait to see where your amazing talents will lead you. Thank you for finding this "batik-beauty" which is, as tradition dictates, named after you. 



No comments:

Post a Comment