Thursday, November 24, 2011

Smelly Harry

The remark: "I saw a hippo, and I had to think about you" will not be appreciated by everybody, but for those suffering from hippo-mania, it really sounds very sweet. I am sure this can be used as an indicator, determining the severity of a case. The scale varying from: "I feel depressed and need to go on a diet", to: "thank you, please tell me more!" No need to guess my score...... and I even consider myself very lucky, to hear it quite often. When friends see hippos in the Zoo, on TV, on the internet or in the newspaper, they let me know.  Only when they travel to Africa they give up reporting every single time they see one..... There are just too many! They just mention that they have to think about me all the time (while trying not to sound too tired of that...). A few weeks ago, dear friends were staying at the Mukambi resort, Kafue National Park in Zambia. When they came back from a field trip, this wild hippo was laying in the middle of the restaurant of this resort, taking an afternoon nap. They took a lot of pictures and most importantly: the first photos of their son with a wild hippo! According to the eye witness report, the hippo smelled very, very badly. After a few hours it moved on, crashing through the wooden floor on its way out. The proper way to exit: hippo-style, I would say! Thank you guys, for sharing the pictures and a great story.


Photograph by Mr. Gerard Cornelissen

No comments:

Post a Comment