Saturday, January 7, 2012

Mother of all Hippo-Mugs

At the moment, my hippo-mug collection counts six, and this is the first. I forgot where and when I bought it, but I do remember falling in love with it, the moment I saw it. Who would not become happy of sipping hot coffee from a yellow/orange mug, decorated with light-blue-floating-around-hippos? For a very long time, an unwritten rule existed in our house: Nobody else drinks from the hippo-mug (very very very silly..... I know....). Except for 1 time, our upstairs-neighbor made himself a cup of coffee, enjoying it on our garden bench, until we came home….. Me staring at him, and my husband only saying: Oh oh! I still can see the look on his face: totally oblivious of his “crime”….  I do not use it any more. I became too scared it will break. When I see a hippo-mug nowadays, I make it a habit to buy 2, 1 to use, and 1 for the collection. I still regret not having bought a “spare” one of my first mug. BBB, I know you still remember “tot-aan-de-bolletjes” and “pijnboompitjes”, but don’t forget you are the only person, other than me, to have used the Mother of all Hippo-Mugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment