Thursday, January 26, 2012

Diana & Raymond

There is no Hippo Art Museum yet. Maybe I will open one someday. When I do, I will arrange for a very special room, showcasing all hippos which were donated to the collection. I am very proud to have already received a few Privately-Owned-Hippo-Donations! Those additions make the collection even more special to me. Finding a hippo in a shop and buy it, is really nice, but people giving up their own hippos, because they know I collect them, makes it most special. A few months ago, during a very nice dinner with new friends in a french bistro, I was confessing my hippo-addiction. Then, they told me they have a few hippos, whether I would be interested to have some of them... what kind of question is that for an addict? Would I like the red pair or the blue pair? This offer and the choice made me feel a bit overwhelmed, but how could I refuse...? A few days later I received 2 red, hand painted, smiling hippos, originally from Johannesburg, South Africa. They are named after their donors, of course. Dear Diana and Raymond, I chose the red pair, because I do have a few blue hippos in my collection already. They do stand out because of their color, and because they are super cute. But to me they will always stand out, because of their history. Meeting new friends and getting a Privately-Owned-Hippo-Donation at the same time, it can't get much more special than that! We'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment