Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Rose, Pia & Isabel

Three’s a bloat! Of course, it should be: three’s a crowd, but speaking of a (living) unit of a group of hippos, it can be called, a pod, herd, dale or bloat. Since a few months, I am a proud member of the International Hippo Society called: Hippolotofus. As its members welcomed me warmly to “the bloat”, I decided to use that word more often, as I like the sound of it. It sounds very hippo-y. In October 2011, I had the pleasure of meeting 2 colleagues of my husband during a workshop. I had some e-mail conversations with them and spoke to them via Skype, but it is always nice to meet people in person, eventually. What I did not know is that they asked another colleague (I am sure somebody gave them a hint…. ;-)), who works in South Africa, to bring a hippo for me. And she did not bring 1, but 3 beautiful hippos! I am sure she must have thought about the fact that good things always come in threes, especially hippos.... During cleaning, or moving, the hippo’s “move around”, but I always make sure these three noses are touching each other. Dear Rose, because you had chosen them, and brought them all the way, I called the largest one after you. Pia and Isabel, thank you for arranging the best gift possible! I think Rose also brought 3, so I could name the other 2 after you both! It was so nice meeting you all that day. And even though you are all living far apart, don’t forget you are close together in a very special bloat!   



No comments:

Post a Comment