Wednesday, May 2, 2012

ToJo Maputo

I agree, a very strange name indeed! After a long time of deliberation, I came up with this name for the latest addition to my collection: a nicely carved (and look at the colors of the wood!) hippo from Maputo - Mozambique. Unfortunately, we do not see those friends, who brought it for me, very often. Luckily, we could find some time between their arrival after a long flight in the morning, and my husband's departure for duty travel that evening. Enough time to catch up, enjoy Sunday-Brunch and great river views. Normally, I name the hippo after the person who gives it to me. While looking at this one, I could not decide whether it was a: her (Joke) or a: him (Ton). I thought about calling it Maputo, as I like the sound of that city's name very much... but it feels like cheating, because I only call hippos after places, if I have bought them there myself. I decided that the combination of their names was the best solution. The first hippo of my collection with a combi-name.... and because I like the sound of Maputo so much, also the first one with a last name! During this occasion, I also received another hippo-gift, and even a bottle of hippo-wine. I will write about those in following posts. Dear Joke and Ton, it was so nice to see you again after such a long time. Thank you for all the gifts, treats and sweets but most of all, for your company that day. We all had a lovely time. Hopefully, it will not take that long before we see each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment