Thursday, May 23, 2013

Petit Popotame

Last year, our dear friend Jo visited us. I already mentioned the hippo he brought back from a short trip to his brother, who lives in Hong Kong (see post: Hippo Jo). But he also gave me my first hippo from Paris. A "sweet-looking-fridge-magnet-carrying-daisies" hippo. It has to be mentioned that Jo currently lives in Kenya.... hippo heaven! And he "complains" that he is seeing hippos everywhere... such hardship ;-). I do not know when we will see each other again, but should I visit him, I will have to bring some extra suitcases, as he already told me he has some great ideas about all the hippos I will have to bring back! Petit in French means: small. Popotame is how very small children in France would say: hippopotame (hippopotamus). Popotame sounds cute and daisies make anything look cute, so.... voilĂ !


No comments:

Post a Comment