Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sara's Hippos

As I already stated in two previous posts: donated or previously owned hippos are most special to me (see posts: Antonia & Elmo and Diana & Raymond). Little did I know, I would receive a whole bloat one day. When a friend of my youngest daughter heard about my hippo collection, the blue plushies were delivered to me, nicely wrapped in tissue paper, in a bright pink bag. A few months later, she gave me a whole hippo family (Shleich - mouth open: 1996, mouth closed: 1991, and baby: 1996) while I was enjoying coffee with her mum. She told me she knew she had some more hippos, and had been looking for them for a while. I honestly did not know what to say, I was too surprised! Dear Sara, thank you so very much. Being a thoughtful, caring and sweet person already, at the age of nine, I am sure you will become a wonderful and lovely woman, just like your mum. I think it will be nice for you to know, that your hippos will end up in many more places around the world, some day. But no matter where they (physically) will be, you can always come "visit" them here on my blog :-).   

No comments:

Post a Comment