Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hopewell Junction's Four

A few days ago, I decided to check out the Hopewell Junction Antique Center (NY). I heard about it from a lovely lady called Terry, who owns a shop there called: Terry's Treasures. The building is a large house, where many sellers have their space. Four floors filled with small shops, the perfect place for a good treasure hunt. As always, I am hunting for hippos. And as every hunter knows: sometimes you're lucky, and sometimes not so much. This time, I was very lucky! Finding four hippos. Actually, I found three of them, and I was already very happy. To the cashier lady it was pretty obvious that I like hippos. So, she went into a shop and a few seconds later she said "I have found a Pewter one, with a violin!" So that was the number four. First I saw the bit funny looking one (right) made of clay, somewhere tucked between some other animals on a shelf. The larger metal paper weight (Dansk design, made in Japan) was the second one I found, in a display cabinet. And the third (the cute couple in the front) I found near the register, on a table also in the middle of a lot of other animals (Unite Design, "Itty Bitty World" collection, 1986). I am sure this group will be split up (sorted by style, material and size), when I will display my collection properly, but for now, I will keep them together. This sweet cashier lady Diane promised me to give me a call, whenever another hippo comes in. So who knows the "Hopewell Junction's Four" will get some company some day...


(See comments: Yes Donkey & Baby Bird Hippo, I did polish away! ;-))

1 comment:

  1. I have about four of those Dansk. It is silver plate so get a cleaning cloth and polish away!

    ReplyDelete