Thursday, March 13, 2014

Terri

A long time ago, I decided NOT to buy any hippo-soft-toys anymore... and then it happened. Waiting for the lady at Barns and Noble to give me my receipt, I see the cutest ballerina hippo ever, displayed on a shelf behind the registers... looking at me, and calling my name! While lecturing my self in my head: "NO! No more plushy-pos. I know, it looks cute but be strong." Then I hear my self say: "Excuse me, is that hippo for sale?" In my head: "Please say no, please say no, please say no..." Obviously, to no avail. I think that Barns and Noble lady was part of the plot too, because she gave me this beaming smile and said: " Sure, isn't she cute?" Oh well, the only thing left to do was admitting defeat by an adorable looking hippo, with pink feet, a shiny bow and a tutu. You will agree, there are far worse things in life. I decided to call her Terri, after my new friend I was about to meet, just a few minutes later. Spending a day seeing new (to me) parts of the city, enjoying beautiful weather and great company (of two wonderful Terris, mind you!) I could not be happier. 


2 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with my Gloria plushie. She was staring at me in the grocery store and wouldn't stop until I took her home. Love the tableau!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lien,
    Now I have a very cute namesake! pretty darn cool! What fun we had that day, we should do it again.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete