Thursday, July 3, 2014

Anthony


A few posts ago, I mentioned a flea market in Connecticut, called Elephant's Trunk. It takes place every Sunday during the "flea market season" (see post: Hippo Dinner Bell). I love going there, mainly to hunt for hippos of course. I saw an antique one, made of paper mache. Luckily, I did not fall in love with that one. He looked nice, but not "two-hundred-and-fifty-USD" nice. Almost at the end of the day, I found this planter, I did fall in love with. "You can have it for ten bucks" sounded perfect to me. How could I resist such a sweet face?

When I came home, I saw the maker's name written at the bottom: Anthony. So I decided to give him the same name. Further more, no date was written, only that he is made in the USA. After I made a few photos, I almost felt guilty. Don't you agree he looks like he wants to say: "was that really necessary to take pictures? Does everybody has to know, I am just a planter?" "Yes! Sorry Anthony... you are just looking way too cute, not to be shown on my blog!"



No comments:

Post a Comment