Thursday, June 26, 2014

Wishing on a Hippo?


Some time ago, I already published a hippo made by Jen Robinson on my blog (see post: Hippopottermiss). I purchased that and this hippo during the same event: The Annual International Hippopotamus Convention, taking place in Branson, Misouri, October 2013. Beforehand, many jokes were made about certain people  kicking, pushing and jumping the line, so my imagination had gone wild. I expected a huge pile of hippo-lovers, having come to a halt against the table of Jen, after a desperate dash turned into a stampede. Too much coffee is to blame. The sale of Jen-Pos turned out to be a rather civilized and friendly affair. It could be that I have missed "the action". Not enough coffee would be to blame for that. 

When I took this photo, I had a post in mind about a relaxing hippo. Having his feet already up in the air, all what needed to be added was a soft and comfy cushion. But then I started playing with settings. Before I knew it, the very light peachy colored hippo, with little bit darker stars, on a bright red cushion, turned into this black and white converted, blue tones decreased and contrast increased, creation. And the longer I looked at it, the more I started to like this image. 






Dear Jen, I hope you are not too shocked to see your work back, like this. Of course, the cuteness and playfulness of your hippo is to blame, I am sure he set me up to it. I am looking forward to see you again in a few months... in the meantime, this hippo is wishing for a new companion... as he already has some stars, is he wishing on a hippo? 

No comments:

Post a Comment