Thursday, June 19, 2014

Hippo-Happiness from Holland

This time not a first, but a latest! A wonderful water color painting. The name of the maker is rather hard to read, but it is made in the year 2000. Like all the other painting I have, this one comes with a story too. A very sweet one. Once in a while, I am looking for hippos on a Dutch site called: Marktplaats, which means market place. It is comparable with e-bay. A few months ago, I saw this painting up for auction, and I loved it right away. Luckily for me I did not have to enter a bidding war. A few weeks later, it arrived at my home, with a surprise. The seller had included a photograph of a hippo, taken at the Noorder Dierenpark (Northern Zoo), in The Netherlands, with the (translated) title: Clean water for the hippos, June 2002. Her son, working for a Dutch newspaper, had arranged this print. How incredibly sweet and thoughtful is that? Dear Gerrie from Mariahout :-), thank you so much for your efforts to get the painting and photo to me. If you ever find another hippo painting at an art fair, and you like it, please let me know. I completely trust your eye, when it comes to hippo art. And thank you for proving my believe that Hippo-Happiness comes in all sizes and shapes... and from everywhere. This time, all the way from Holland!


No comments:

Post a Comment