Thursday, March 12, 2015

ZORTZ

Zortz was found at a local Arts and Crafts Fair, last fall. Of course, he comes with a little story. If you collect something, you will know this feeling. First, the excitement of seeing a stand or display where you suspect you will be able to find, whatever it is that you are looking for. Then the few moments of eagerness, looking at least twice at everything (just to be sure, imagine overlooking it!), followed by disappointment if you are not lucky, or excitement if you do find it. I think, the seller (Max Gyllenhaal) saw my disappointed face... "What are you looking for?" he asked me. "A hippo...." I answered, with a slight sigh. That sigh would translate in "you probably are going to tell me, you do not have a hippo, which I already know, because if you had, it would be out there..." I did not expect to hear: "I do have a hippo, I am not sure if I brought it with me today, let me check." "Huh?" I never expected that. And there it was... Zortz was found! Although each creation of this artist is called Zortz, I think it is the perfect name for a very cool looking hippo!
 
His card reads: The gift of grab. I am Zortz. I am made from foam latex rubber and given the power of speech through the household tool, the clothespin. Squeeze the clothespin behind my head and I will open my mouth to hold notes, toothbrushes, keys and more! Each Zortz is handmade by Max in Brooklyn, N.Y. Max Gyllenhaal.




Check out the website, and get your ZORTZ !

No comments:

Post a Comment