Thursday, October 29, 2015

Boo-Boo

For those of you familiar with my blog, know that the people of the Hopewell Antiques Center, are keeping an eye out for me for anything hippo (See posts: Hopewell Junction's Four and Hopewell's Belle). A few months ago, I received another call. They had found a few hippos. Upon arrival, Diane told me: "I found this one, but when I came home I saw it had a little boo-boo, so you probably would not like to have it. It's yours if you want it, you don't have to pay for it... Maybe you can fix it. Sorry, I just did not see it". All I saw was this adorable hippo girl with pink toes (for the Toe-Police: Yes, four on each foot!) and a pink flower, smiling at me. She does have a little crack, indeed. Only visible if you turn her upside down, and look on the inside. This handmade piece (signed: Cotilla) was coming home with me... crack and all, it was just too cute to leave behind. It is sitting on a shelf, and every time I see it, I remember Diane's remark, about her having a boo-boo.... so that's what I decided to call her. I have not repaired her yet. Maybe she is not meant to be fixed.... her name is Boo-Boo for a reason, no?


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Boo-Boo. We all have small flaws, some visible, some hidden. I say don't repair her. She is perfect as she is right now. ❤ CinD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have learned to love the imperfections as well.

    Great find and very kind of Diane...

    ReplyDelete