Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Pygmy Premiere

This is not the first Pygmy on my blog (see post: Pygmy Power), but a first pygmy figurine. It comes with an entertaining story. We were strolling around a huge open air flea market, and because all family members were looking for different things, at some point we split up. Suddenly my daughter and I spotted this cute baby pygmy figurine (Pygmy Hippo, Fine Porcelain - Lenox - Smithsonian Institute 1993). Although very cute, I decided not to buy it. I am collecting Nile hippos... not the pygmy ones. When we all met up, my daughter immediately belted out " You know, mom saw a Pygmy, but she didn't buy it, but it was soooo cute, so she has to buy it.... and it was only 10 USD." The reply of my husband: "I have never seen any of those ever, so I think you should get it." I was stunned. My family, normally grumbling and making faces, any time I see or want to buy a hippo, is now urging me to buy this one? Another first :-). So, off I went... and returned with the in newspapers wrapped Pygmy. At this moment, it sits next to my computer monitor, as I feel I can't put it in between the Nile ones... but I also can't put it far away, as I get more and more attached to it, each day. I don't know whether this is the start of something... all I know it started with something very sweet!


1 comment:

  1. Don't get it wet or feed it after midnight. I'm sure there was a movie about this. Anyway, it looks harmless but watch your back. It could be very sneaky.

    ReplyDelete