Thursday, April 14, 2016

De Rosa Collection

Not often do I meet people from Uruguay. I have the privilege of knowing two, both extremely nice and both... totally unaware of the beautiful artwork a fellow countryman is producing and selling all over the world. Of course, I am only interested in the hippos of the De Rosa Collection, but I have to admit, I love all the other animals he makes, very much too. 

A few years ago, I found the small brown baby hippo on E-bay. At that time, I did not know it was part of a set. One of my collector friends sent me the link to the brown mother for sale on E-bay also, which I had to snatch up too (yes Becky, your fault :-)). Then my dear friend Sheila gave me a mini hippo for Christmas (see post: De Rosa) ... and then I needed an excuse to get the blue set, which I had seen on the website of the company (derosacollections), and already fallen in love with, for a while. After I ordered the set, I told everybody it was a gift from my cats... Happy birthday to me! I blame the company... their beautiful products make you do crazy things. My photographs can give you an idea about the level of craftsmanship... but they can't really convey how nice it is to hold them. They are rather heavy and have a really nice feel to them. No, I am not holding my hippos in my hands all the time, but it certainly does contribute to their popularity. They are all immensely popular :-).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment